After a keynote on trends by Montse Guardia Guell and the presentation of the tourism SMEs’ challenges and needs by Santi Alcaide from Peninsula – Corporate Innovation, a group of Tourbit Services Providers was selected to pitch based on the solutions they offer to the challenges and need shared by the Tourism SMEs:
- Tomislav Šubić from Yotta Advanced Computing
- Patrizia Massano from Smart&Green Adventure – Consultoria de Marketing
- Jean de Boisséson from Apoleo-Conseil
- Mihailo Backovic from B12 Consulting
- Susanna Jänkälä from Mainostoimisto Seven-1
- Fábio Carreto from PIPECODES
- Sanaa Moussaid from World Of Numeric
- Bruno Abrantes from HandyHostel
Afterwards, attendees split in different thematic rooms to foster the exchanges between the Tourism SMEs and the Services Providers, to boost collaboration, understanding and to find synergies. Each room was coordinated by a facilitator who presented the topic for discussion and invite Tourism SME and Services Providers to share needs, reflections and find potential solutions.
- Innovation in business models – facilitated by Alexander Phimister, innovation expert
- Innovation in products – facilitated by Marta Salvador, Project Manager at NEST Centro de Inovação do Turismo
- Digital marketing – facilitated by Patrick Torrent, Executive Director at Agència Catalana de Turisme / Catalan Tourist Board
- Social, environmental sustainability – by Marie Texier, Project Manager at Paris&Co Tourisme
The second day was dedicated only to awarded tourism SMEs that had the chance to meet service providers from the Tourbit pool of their choice in bilateral meetings with the assistance of experimented mentors. More than 60 meetings were held and some of them made successful matches! It was definitely a chance for networking, learning, and building long-lasting relationships that will shape the future of tourism SMEs’ business and of the tourism ecosystem.
Attendees also had the chance to listen to testimonials, from Tourism SMEs on their digitalisation process:
- Alex Trias, Director, Camping Bungalow Resort & Spa La Ballena Alegre Costa Brava
- Liisa Koivisto, Founder and CEO, Farm Escape
- Luis Serafim Coelho, Co-founder and General Manager, A2Z Portugal Services
The session marked the kick-off of the Tourbit Digital Acceleration Programme, the 10-month programme during which the Tourbit SMEs awarded will work together with the Tourbit Services Providers to accelerate their digital transition.
If you missed TVTM23, don’t hesitate to have a look at the recordings of the 2 days!